Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Start of Something New

Exactly a month ago today, I was contemplating the idea of starting a new blog. The New Year’s Day blues was hitting me with full force. I woke up with a migraine, an unpacked suitcase and the unpleasant realization that Christmas break was ending which meant I would have to go back to school eventually. The year started off pretty badly. I was in a post-getaway funk and couldn’t get out.  I thought starting a blog on the first day of 2014 would be a good idea, a resolution or whatnot. Turns out, I was unprepared, extremely distracted and I put it off until tonight, a full month later. To say the least, I quickly lost my momentum and the first few days of January left a bitter aftertaste that carried through the month.
Nonetheless, I guess my lack of New Year dedication ended up working out quite well because It gave me time to take a breather and to let the hard core resolutioners hash it out while I questioned my goals for the upcoming year.. Luckily, the stars aligned in my favor to give me, exactly a month later, the Lunar New Year (Or Chinese New Year). So maybe starting a new year in February isn’t the conventional way to do it but screw it, I’m rebelling. Maybe it’s the first important lesson of 2014. It’s never too late to start over. If that lesson doesn’t do it for you, just think of it as a second chance to set achievable goals or focus on the ones you left behind.
Happy year of the horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment